Do you remember the first time you watched a High Definition (HD) television? HDTVs are known for their crystal clear images and the ability to see details that were never seen on broadcast before. Just think of the difference in visual quality from the old black and white televisions to today’s wide screens with amazing clarity.
Our office has upgraded to the dental radiography (x-ray) equivalent of HDTVs this year. We are proud to have top of the line technology for your dental care and the ability to best care for your entire family’s smile.
In April, our entire office was equipped with new computers, HDTV cable tv and digital radiography in every exam room.
What does this mean for you?
Digital dental radiography offers several benefits to you:
- Early detection and treatment of dental problems can save time, money and discomfort.
- Digital radiographs can show small hidden areas of decay, infections, abscesses and tumors in hard-to-see areas that can not be detected with a visual exam or older technology.
- Digital radiographs can be instantly pulled up on our secure computer monitor to easily show you areas of concern. No more squinting at a small, older “film.” Your radiographs can even be displayed on our patient chair-side HD monitors (which also tunes to cable television if you’d like to relax during your appointment).
- Digital radiographs are more “green:” no more hazardous wastes and lead foil for developing.
- Less radiation for you. Digital sensors are more sensitive to X-radiation and require 50 to 80 percent less radiation than film.
In addition to digital dental radiography, we are now equipped with a DEXIS intra-oral video camera, enabling our dentists and hygienists to take video and pictures of your smile to help you understand diagnosis and treatment options.
We are pleased to offer every one of our patients the best dental experience, including unparalleled service and the latest technology available.